If your motorcycle breaks down in the Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland*, AXA will offer you 24-hour motorcycle breakdown assistance. We can provide you help in various ways depending on your situation, including towing, labour and costs for a temporary car hire. This is one of the reasons why it is so important to ensure your motorcycle is sufficiently covered, as you don’t want to end up stranded due to an unexpected breakdown. With both roadside and driveway assistance for breakdowns, AXA’s motorbike insurance ensures that you are never stranded.
What Does Motorbike Insurance Cover?
Under our Bikecare and Easirider Plans, we will send a recovery operator to help you if your motorcycle breaks down. AXA is here to help when your motorcycle cannot be driven as a result of the following:
- An electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Your motorcycle will not start
- Accident or fire
- Theft, Attempted Theft or Malicious Damage
- Puncture where you need help to replace or repair a wheel
- Breakage of keys in the lock
What Happens When My Motorcycle Breaks Down?
When your motorcycle breaks down in Ireland or the UK, if repairs are possible, we will provide up to an hour’s labour to try to repair your motorcycle at the breakdown site. If we cannot repair the motorcycle at the roadside, we will cover the cost of removing your motorcycle to the nearest repairer or to any other place you ask, if this is closer. Please note, you must pay the cost of any parts, fuel or other supplies used to repair the motorcycle.
- We also cover breakdown in the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Buglaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.