What to include in your house insurance in Ireland?

Property | contents buildings

Your house is one of the most valuable things that you will own, with many spending years saving for it. It’s important that you protect your home by investing in home insurance in case something should go wrong.

Without home insurance, it is unlikely that you would be able to afford the repairs if say a flood should occur in your home.

Home insurance provides an extra peace of mind that you and your family are protected in case of emergency

. What to include in your house insurance in Ireland?

When buying house insurance, it is important to remember that the cheapest policy may not always provide the best value for your money. It is important that you read your policy details and ensure you have all your bases covered before you sign up.

Home insurance is available in two three different forms, buildings insurance, contents insurance, and buildings and contents


We understand that there is a lot to think about when it comes to home insurance – so we’ve provided a quick summary to help make your decision about what to include easier.

Buildings Insurance

Our buildings insurance covers the structure of your house, sheds and outhouses while also including cover for permanent fixtures like kitchen units and bathroom fittings. This affordable cover protects the building against fire, theft, flood, escape of water and storm damage.

Contents Insurance

Our content insurance is ideal for renters, protecting your most cherished belongings, such as engagement rings, electronics and furniture. This type of insurance protects the covered items in your home in the case of theft, flooding, water or fire damage. The greater the insured value of your contents, the higher your premium will be.

Optional Extras

AXA understands that our customers have different needs, so we have a range of optional extras which you can add to your policy. Our accidental damage cover ensures that you will be covered for accidents such as spilling paint while redecorating your home. You can also add personal accident cover which will cover you, your partner and children up to the age of 18 for injuries caused by an accident in the home. For more information on optional extras, visit our home insurance page.

Protect your home contents with AXA
Home Insurance

Looking for a quote?

Get a quote in under 5 minutes

Get a quote