Save up to €400 off your car insurance
Take 12 Driving Lessons for €399
12 lessons for only €399
If you're an AXA customer, ISM are offering 12 lessons for only €399!
50% Additional Driver Discount
If you are a named driver (e.g. on your parent’s policy) we will reduce our additional driver charge by 50% subject to a maximum reduction of €400.
Save up to €400!
If you arrange your own car insurance with AXA, we will give you discount of up to €400 off your learner permit premium (minimum premium €327).
Why take out a DriveSave policy?
Up to 25% discount on your premium
Choosing DriveSave automatically gives you a 20% discount off your premium and you could earn an additional 5% cashback during the year.
High scorers pay less
You’ll be given a driver score of 1 – 100. Receive 5% cashback mid-year when you score over 70.
Renew the following year with AXA and receive 30% discount and still have the chance pocket another 5% cashback when you score over 70. That means you could receive up to 35% off your insurance premium in year 2.
The DriveSave app is FREE
Once you've got your policy you can download the app for free from the Apple App store or Google Play store. The app is compatible with all newer IOS and Android phones.
Your driving. Your data
All the journey data DriveSave records is accessible to you from within the app. We analyse your data based on your driving over a 90 day period.
DriveSave doesn't spy on you
The app uses GPS to record your acceleration, speed, distance, cornering and stopping force.
Uploading takes less than 1 mb data
You must record all of your trips on the app (a minimum of 90 trips every 90 days). However DriveSave won't eat your data and you may wait to upload over wifi (you must upload your data within 72 hours of any journey).
Already have a full licence?
Take the test
Take the ISM Test Drive, a 60 minute combination of questions (the test) and road skills (the drive)
Costs only €60.00 (which we will refund when you’ve taken your ISM Test Drive on your AXA policy)
Up to 20% discount
Depending on your assessment, get a minimum 5% and up to 20% discount on your AXA premium.
What is the DriveSave App?
- The Drive Save app uses GPS functionality and requires you to record all your journeys on a smartphone app.
- This app records details of the vehicle’s geographic position, travelling speed, acceleration and braking severity which AXA can monitor.
- In return, you can receive a substantial up-front discount on your motor premium and an additional ‘cash-back’ discount during the year for good driving.
Which policy is right for me?
DriveSave Terms & Conditions
In purchasing car insurance with a DriveSave discount you accept these terms and conditions of DriveSave relating to the correct use of your mobile phone app. Please ensure you have read and understand all of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with your policy book.
You must download the DriveSave app onto your mobile phone and begin recording your trips on that phone within 7 days of incepting your policy.
- You must record all of your trips on your app.
- You must record a minimum of 400km over any 90 day assessment period.
- You must record at least 90 trips over any 90 day assessment period
- You must record a trip on your app at least once every 21 days.
- The App must only be used by you, when you are driving your own car and is not to be used by anyone else.
- Terms and Conditions of your DriveSave policy apply.
- The app is not currently available on Windows or Blackberry handsets.