How much should I insure my farm house for?
You should insure your farm house for its full reinstatement cost instead of its market value.
Insuring at its market value may lead to the value of your claim being reduced in the event of a loss and it may be more or less than the full rebuilding cost of your home.
You should also make an additional provision for demolition and debris removal costs, and for architect’s fees.
The Society of Chartered Surveyors publish an annual guide about home reinstatement. For more information, visit www.scs.ie.
- What level of expertise does AXA have in farm insurance?
- How can I get a quote?
- Can I insure my tractor/jeep with my farm insurance package?
- Do you provide Insurance for young drivers?
- How difficult is it to move my farm insurance to you?
- How do you settle claims?
- Do you provide a discount for IFA or ICMSA members?