What is wear and tear on a home insurance policy?
Wear and tear is a damage to the property as a result of ordinary use or damage that occurs gradually over time.
Some examples of wear and tear are:
- Small scratches on the walls or paint.
- Worn or slightly stained carpets
Your home insurance policy covers you against unforeseen events like:
- Damage to the property as a result of wear and tear is not covered.
- I am renting at the moment. Can I get home insurance policy for my contents?
- Am I covered for home emergency repairs?
- Can I cover bicycles on my home insurance policy?
- What is accidental damage cover on home insurance policy?
- How can I report a home insurance claim?
- How can I calculate the amount I should insure my contents for?
- How can I calculate the amount I should insure my buildings for?