Website Privacy Statement
References to “AXA”, “us”, “our” and “we” mean AXA Holdings Ireland Limited and its subsidiaries, including AXA Insurance dac, and any associated companies from time to time.
Queries and Complaints
If you would like to contact us in relation to any aspect of our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (or ‘DPO’) at +353 (0)1 471 1812 or email@example.com or write to: DPO, AXA Insurance dac, Wolfe Tone House, Wolfe Tone Street, Dublin 1.
Alternatively you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator, such as the Data Protection Commission (in Republic of Ireland) or the Information Commissioner’s Office (in Northern Ireland). Their contact details are available at www.dataprotection.ie and www.ico.org.uk.
2. Use of Information
We use your personal information the following purposes:
- for site functionality purposes;
- for marketing purposes;
- for statistical analyses and the review and improvement of AXA’s products, services and processes;
- to improve our processes, products or services;
- for staff training, management and discipline;
- for customer service and complaint handling;
- for storage and to make back-ups of data; and
- for compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
Legal Basis for processing:
the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us. In such cases, our legitimate interests are as follows:
- to engage in activities to improve and adapt the products and services we offer and to help our business grow and to ensure that our systems are effective and efficient;
- to determine the most appropriate marketing message and how best to communicate with you;
- the proper running of our business.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
3. Sharing of Information
In processing your personal data we may share it with various third parties, including:
- (where we handle a query or complaint from you) your representatives, such as a relative, a friend or your lawyers;
- Our representatives/partners: companies that provide the services we require for the above purposes (including for example data storage, document destruction, IT, data collection and analysis and complaints handling);
- Other AXA Group companies; and
- Our regulators and other authorities who require us to report our processing activities.
4. Data Collected
The data we gather is as follows:
- Technical Data: such as the log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided), your internet browser type and version, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage Data: this includes information about how you use our website.
5. Retention of Data
Generally we keep the personal information gathered under this Data Protection Statement for 7 years from the date it is gathered.
6. Your Rights
As a ‘data subject’, you have the right:
- of access to the personal data concerning you that we hold and to be informed why and how we process that data;
- to require us to correct any inaccurate information about you (including missing details). In certain cases, you are required by the terms of your insurance policy to make such corrections.
- of erasure/right to be forgotten, which means you have a right to have personal data concerning you erased. However you may only request the deletion of your data in specific situations.
- to data portability, which means you may request from us all personal data that you provided to us. You may also request that we send this data to another company or person.
- to object to the processing of your personal data, where we do so on the basis of a ‘legitimate interest’ (see the Legal Basis section above). We will then stop processing the personal data in question unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your right or unless we need to use it in a legal claim.
- to restrict processing of your personal data where you feel that it is inaccurate, that we are processing it unlawfully or that we no longer need it or where you have invoked your right to object (as set out in Section 5 (e) above).
Please send all requests to us (details in Section 1 ‘General’ above) in writing (by post or email).