I hold a provisional licence / learner permit. Am I allowed to drive on my own?
Unfortunately no, by law you are not allowed to drive on your own if you hold a provisional Irish licence or learner permit.
For your own safety you must always be accompanied by a fully licenced driver, who has held their full licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- What is driving other cars?
- I bought a new car and need to change my policy, how I can do this?
- What is open driving?
- I haven’t bought the car yet? Can I still get a quote?
- I don’t have a car registration. Can I still get a car insurance quote?
- I have no previous insurance. Can I still get a motor insurance quote online?
- I am thinking about buying a second car, will I be able to use my no claims discount again?