What is open driving?
Open driving covers any driver aged 25-70 with a full Irish, UK or EU licence while driving your car with your permission.
With open driving there is no need to add named drivers to your policy. Open driving is an optional extra and an additional charge will apply if you want to buy this cover. Terms and conditions apply.
Your schedule will show if you have this cover. You can access this document in your MyAXA account.
If you need further help you can call us on 1890 24 7 365, but please be aware that, due to measures put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19, you may have to wait longer than usual to speak to someone.
- What is driving other cars?
- I bought a new car and need to change my policy, how I can do this?
- What does windscreen cover provide?
- I haven’t bought the car yet? Can I still get a quote?
- I don’t have a car registration. Can I still get a car insurance quote?
- I hold a provisional licence / learner permit. Am I allowed to drive on my own?
- I have no previous insurance. Can I still get a motor insurance quote online?