What documents do I need to provide to receive my insurance disc and certificate?

We will advise you which documents to forward when you set up your policy. As minimum new customers will need to provide the following:

Driver Licence:

  • ROI and UK licence holders will have to provide their driver licence number.
  • Licences issued outside ROI/UK must present the original document to us.

Driving History:

  • No claims discount - if you have no claims discount earned in your own name we will require the original document confirming the number of years without claims, claims details, matching vehicle registration and expiry date.
  • Driving experience earned as a named driver - if you were named on another policy as a named driver we will ask you to provide a letter from previous insurer confirming drivers named, period of cover and details of any claims disclosed.
  • Driving experience earned on a company car - if you were driving a company car we will ask you to provide the below documents:

    • Letter from the insurance company confirming that you were covered on the company policy, number of claim free years and period of cover.
    • Letter from your employer confirming, period of cover, full time, exclusive use of the vehicle, no claims made on the vehicle during this period of time and confirmation that you no longer have the use of the company car.
  • Detail of previous claims - letter from previous insurer outlining date of loss, claim type, status and settlement amount of the claim.

  • We may also ask you to forward any additional documentation to ensure that you receive the right policy. This will be explained to you at the time of purchase.